This job is no longer available
My client is a leading independent hospital provider in the UK, ensuring gold standard care is delivered in state of the art facilities. They carry out more complex surgeries than any other private hospital group in the UK. They are looking for an experienced Theatre Manager for their Norfolk Hospital.
· Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team
· Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
· Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
· Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
· Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
· Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
· Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
· Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
· Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
· Undertake departmental HR activities
· Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
· Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme
· Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups
· Delegate appropriate activities to other staff
· Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators.
· Work with others to optimise theatre utilisation, taking action with regards under-utilisation of lists as appropriate.
· Ensure all existing and future resources are used to maximum effect
· Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and if applicable that the appropriate manager is informed and commence the investigation
· Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level ensuring others do the same
· Act as a role model and mentor to staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation and policies
· Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies.
· Research and suggest workforce requirements that meet departmental needs and lead on the subsequent recruitment of staff, ensuring all staff complete an induction and continue to monitor their progress.
· Undertake regular performance reviews with senior staff, ensuring all staff have a personal development plan. Cascade this process through the department.
· Manage the sickness absence process.
· Schedule and manage annual leave requests ensuring there is no negative impact on the service delivered
· Identify possible poor performance and deal with it fairly and consistently by supporting staff through the performance monitoring process
· Manage the grievance and disciplinary policy and procedure as appropriate.
· Delegate responsibility and tasks to others who have the ability to deliver the desired results, which makes optimum use of colleague’s abilities while providing learning opportunities
· Communicate business decisions to staff and consultants in a positive and supportive manor and lead on initiatives which directly influence and affect the department
· Coordinate and contribute to changes in practice and policies when the need for change has arisen, which may follow an audit, complaint or newly issued guidance. Evaluate their implementation to maintain and enhance service delivery.
· Ensure the working environment is as safe as possible and complies with company, professional, legal requirements and guidelines
· Constantly evaluate and review the need for resources to either maintain or support the introduction of a service. Participate in the business planning process as appropriate.
· Attend and contribute to appropriate meetings which may include clinical governance, Medical Advisory and Speciality meeitngs.
· Undertake appropriate clinical activities as per own competence and within own sphere of professional practice
Key Performance Indicators:
· Consultant satisfaction
· Patient satisfaction
· Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
· Theatre utilisation.
· Specific nursing KPI’s (issued annually)
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
· Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
· Evidence of success in working in partnership with consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
· A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
· Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
· Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
· Management qualification
· Experience of working in the Independent Sector.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT DANIELLA KENT-MCKEOWN @ PULSE ON 0161 245 4453 OR EMAIL email@example.com