This job is no longer available
Day Surgery Unit Manager - London - Full Time - Permanent - £45,000 - £47,000
Centrally located in London; this hospital, part of a group of prestigious healthcare providers, are looking for an experienced Theatre Practitioner or Theatre Nurse to join and lead their day surgery unit.
This role will involve managing the day surgery centre which consists of 4 theatres, 12 patient bays and 8 chairs, from an operational, financial, HR and governance perspective.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Operational management for the Day Surgery Unit
- Ensuring a safe, efficient and effective service to patients and consultants
- Acting as a clinical resource to staff on the unit
- Managing the Day Surgery Unit Budget; working with the General Manager for Theatres
- Maintaining quality management within theatres
- People management and HR processes
- Ensuring governance compliance
The right candidate for this role will be:
- An Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) or Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- NMC or HPC registered
- Proven clinical management experience in either the theatre or surgical environment
- Able to foster a team working environment whilst motivating others
- Experienced in change management
- An excellent communicator
- Organised (of self and others)
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work to tight time frames
The salary for this position is £45,000 - £47,000 and benefits include 25 days holiday, healthcare and contributory pension scheme. This position is available full time 37.5 hours a week.
This role is based in Central London and is easily accesbile from most major train stations and on the Circle, Bakerloo, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City and Jubilee Lines.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Andy Carr at STR Health on 02392 322370 and email your CV to email@example.com.
STR Health Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.