This job is no longer available
Position: Ward Nurse – Private Sector – Part Time
Hours: Permanent – part time. 15 hours or 32 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000
The Hospital is part of a Leading Independent Group of hospitals who have hospitals and clinics situated through the UK. Offering 20 rooms all with the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has three operating suites, including one specifically designed for orthopaedic surgery.
These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services, enable their consultants to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery.
This specialist expertise is supported by caring and professional medical staff, with dedicated nursing teams and Resident Medical Officers on duty 24 hours a day, providing care within a friendly and comfortable environment.
Our client is looking for two part time ward nurses. One role is 32 hours per week and the other is 15 hours per week:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
- Plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
- Take charge of the ward in absence of Sister and Senior Staff Nurse
- Provide support and guidance for junior staff members
- Ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- Participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
- Assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- Act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- Assist in other wards or departments as required by the Director of Clinical Services
- Exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC “Code of Professional Conduct”
- Work within the principles and framework provided by the NMC “Scope of Professional Practice”
- Actively participate in clinical teaching in the ward area under the direction of senior staff
- Work with senior staff to ensure the ward environment is conducive to satisfactory and continuing education and training programmes
- Participate in the induction programme for all newly appointed ward staff as required
- Participate in the programme of continuing education and training for all ward staff as required
- Keep up to date with clinical and professional developments in nursing and to attend relevant study sessions in accordance with NMC PREP guidelines
- Attend mandatory training sessions as required
- Familiar with all emergency procedures
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- RGN or post EN conversion course
- Post registration clinical course (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Basic ward management
- Proven experience in an acute hospital
In return for your expertise, our client is able to offer an attractive salary and benefits package and exceptional career development prospects
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
In 2010, for the second year running, PULSE was named Staffing Agency of the Year by the respected industry publication, Health Investor.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453