This job is no longer available
JP Recruit are currently seeking a highly experienced Lead Cancer Nurse with Oncology & Chemotherapy experience to join the Oncology team within a Private Hospital in Birmingham.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a well-established 118 bedded hospital which has an Oncology Centre and a One Stop Breast Clinic. The hospital specialises in Oncology Services and treats a wide range of cancers including Breast, Malignant Disease, Head & Neck, Lung, Ovarian, Colorectal and Haematology Cancer. The Oncology Unit provides inpatient, day-case and outpatient oncology treatments.
This full time role involved working with the Oncology team to provide a high standard of care. The successful candidate will be a RGN level one, hold a degree in Oncological Nursing, ENB 237/N59 or equivalent .
As Macmillan Lead Cancer Nurse you will be responsible for the strategic planning of the Oncology Service to both inpatients and outpatients. This is a managerial position with a large clinical element. You will work closely with Oncologists from across the West Midlands and continue to deliver the high level of patient care already established.
· To strategically plan the Oncology service for both inpatients and outpatients
· To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects
· To act as specialist resource for oncology patients and staff
· The post-holder is responsible for the management of their department - this includes the planning and delivery of care to agreed standards
· To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals
· The post-holder will actively participate in the hospital 01 bleep rota
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· RGN level one, educated to degree level
· Appropriate oncology experience and qualification
· Qualification in Teaching and Assessing members of staff
· Qualification in Non-medical Prescribing
· Qualification in advanced communication skills
A highly competitive salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, along with an excellent benefits package, awaits successful applicants.
To discuss this vacancy in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064.
Alternatively, click on the link below to apply for this job on-line.