This job is no longer available
Role: Registered Nurse (Clinic Setting, Sexual Health / Family Planning)
Salary: £30,269 – pro rata
Hours: Permanent, part time, 2 days per week Monday - Saturday
Our client is the UK's leading provider of sexual and reproductive healthcare services. They have a network of sexual health clinics based nationwide and the UK division provides services to men and women over 130,000 times a year, providing advice and professional care. They are committed to providing clients with the help and advise that they need to make informed choices about clients health.
Our client are expanding their services within the Liverpool region and are due to open a new Early Medical Unit. The site is due to open in September 2012 and interviews will be held w/c 23rd July.
Reporting to the Clinical Lead, the main purpose of this role is to provide excellence in care, as determined by the client, within the companies philosophy of minimal intervention. As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for mainly medical terminations and issuing medications and dealing with consultations.
- Admission of clients
- Undertaking pre-operative pregnancy and vasectomy consultations, including providing information on operational procedures, anaesthesia, contraception, STI and aftercare
- Consenting clients
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia / STI Screening
- Blood testing and ultrasound scanning (training provided)
- Completion of electronic records, consent, registers
- Maintenance of client confidentiality and DATA protection
- Checking details on client notes and alerting surgeon/anaesthetist to any ‘significant conditions
- Escorting clients into treatment room and supporting them through the procedure
- Preparation and cleaning of all clinical areas pre and post treatment
- Recovery of clients and monitoring observations following treatment
- Escorting clients into Recovery Lounge
- Ensuring clients are informed about aftercare prior to discharge
- Administration of drugs to clients, following NMC guidelines & MSI Policy and procedure
- Checking of stock levels and participating in the ordering of stores as directed by the Clinical Supervisor
- Supervision of unqualified team members
- Mentorship and coaching for new and existing team members
- Participate in the audit and action planning process
- Retain a professional and non judgemental approach at all times
- Running operating lists and maintaining staffing levels during the absence of the Clinical Lead on a rotational basis
- Any other duties as directed by the Centre Manager or Clinical Lead
- English Language and Mathematics to GCSE standard or equivalent
- RN level 1 or 2
- Post registration experience
- Accident and emergency experience (desirable)
- Theatre experience (desirable)
- Gynaecology (desirable)
- Family planning (desirable)
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and liaise with people at all levels
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
Attitude / Motivation:
- Driven and proactive
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised environment
- Sensitivity to individual client needs
- Friendly, helpful, warm and caring manner
- Non judgemental
- Willingness to take up training opportunities
- Keenness to develop personal learning
- Willingness to participate in the training and orientation of others
- Pro choice on abortion
- Positive attitude to organisational change
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
In 2010, for the second year running, PULSE was named Staffing Agency of the Year by the respected industry publication, Health Investor.
If you are interested in the above opportunities, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453.