This job is no longer available
Occupational health Advisor
The Chiltern Hospital - Great Missenden - Buckinghamshire
BMI Healthcare have a vacancy for an Occupational Health Advisor to join our Chiltern Hospital, Great Missenden, 10 hours per week.
· To provide Occupational Health services at the highest standard to employees at hospital sites and any external customers that have agreed contract with the hospital. Services are to include: employment screening /assessment, sickness absence management assessment and reporting, fitness to work assessments, immunisation screening and administration and health surveillance programmes.
· Ensure that the OH provision meets the needs of the employee and the hospital and that advice given is appropriate to ensure that the health and safety of the individual is maintained at all times.
· To comply with GHG / BMI Occupational Health policies and current relevant legislation as set in policy documents.
· To comply with BMI corporate policies and procedures for example; Human Resources, Infection Prevention and Control, Health, Safety & Environment, Information Governance.
· Be aware of the BMI benefits and terms and conditions of employment.
· Demonstrate clinical expertise and practise.
· Be prepared to travel between hospital sites to deliver services on agreed days
· To comply at all times with the NMC Code of Conduct for nurses
· To maintain effective communications with other Occupational Health Advisers and multidisciplinary teams
· Maintain professional confidentiality
· To provide clinical direction to Heads of Departments without compromising confidentiality
· To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
· To ensure that accurate and comprehensive Occupational Health records are maintained and all relevant documentation/filing is kept up to date and it is accurate at all time
· To undertake any ad hoc, reasonable duties appropriate to the nature and character of the OH Advisor role
· Ensure compliance with standards in respect of all legislative requirements (including but not limited to CQC, SHE, DSE, Fire, COSHH, BLS, Anaphylaxis, Manual Handling, Information Security and Infection Control
· Liaise with
· Occupational Health Physicians or specialist when required.
· Director of Nursing
· Executive Director
· Paramedical Department
· HR Department
· Other hospital staff
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications
· Hold an Occupational Health degree/diploma and have relevant OH experience desirable
· Have current experience in immunisation administration for healthcare workers.
· Experience of working in the private sector desirable
· Be able to work autonomously and with motivation
· Good communication skills
· Good organisation skill
· Be a licensed driver with own means of transport