This job is no longer available
Clinical Nurse Leader, Paediatric Emergency Services
Competitive pay - best salaries in the Middle East
Contract or permanent
Based in Doha, Qatar - Middle East
Tax-free income, plus furnished accommodation, air flights, private healthcare & generous holidays
"A once in a career opportunity"
Premiere People International Healthcare ,based in the UK, are recruiting for our esteemed client, based in Doha, Qatar. Scheduled to open in early 2013, a State of the Art Medical and Research Centre will be the Middle East's first academic medical centre designed to the best international standards. Currently in the project-planning phase, the Centre will be a 400 bed specialist Obstetrics and Paediatrics research hospital, that will provide world class, patient-focused, clinical services for women and children, medical education, and biomedical research in an ultra-modern, all-digital facility.
The paediatric emergency room will have 53 patient spaces including 4 for critical care. Paediatric patients up to the age of 18 years of age will be seen in the ER with Level 1 trauma services being provided for children up to 14 years of age. The ER will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Treatments or activities performed will include, (but are not limited to) stabilization of compromised airway, endotracheal intubation with mechanical ventilation, foreign body removal, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, fluid resuscitation and management, stabilization of acute seizure disorder, fracture management and initiation of cervical spinal precautions, acute and chronic pain assessment and management, initiation of normothermia, sedation management, immunization assessment, comprehensive radiology and diagnostic imaging services, medication administration, decontamination and isolation, assessment and stabilization of acute mental health disorders, placement of chest tubes, ECG interpretation, facilitation of inter and intra hospital transfers, reporting and treatment of infectious and communicable diseases, and family health education.
Reporting to the ER Nurse Manager, the Clinical Nurse Leader I, provides clinical leadership to a team of Staff Nurses on shift through direct oversight of their clinical practice whilst modelling excellence in the three core areas of clinical practice, education and research. The Clinical Nurse Leader I plans for the implementation of the organisations vision of Family Centred Care.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current RN Licensure
- A minimum of 3 years, Paediatric emergency room nursing clinical leadership experience in either a charge nurse or clinical supervisory role
- Experienced in organizing data and generating thorough, accurate , timely reports
- Current certifications as a BLS, PALS, ACLS, and ILS provider
- Ability to integrate knowledge and skills acquired throughout the didactic and clinical education experiences
- Ability to use risk analysis tools to anticipate risks to client safety
- Ability to Access, critique, and analyze information sources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to design, coordinate, and evaluate plans of care
- Ability to delegate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of nursing interventions
- Ability to manage group processes to meet care objectives and complete health care team responsibilities
- Ability to Synthesize data, information and knowledge on client outcomes and modify interventions to improve health care outcomes
- Ability to teach and assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients
- Demonstrated Fluency in written and spoken English language
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with Clinical Information Systems (CIS) either as an end user, super-user or as a contributor to a CIS build
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Post graduate certificate in specialty
All applications for this position must be submitted before July 9th, 2012.