This job is no longer available
GP - Part Time - Based Derby (20hrs) / Bradford (20 hrs)
Our Client is a primary care service provider, which is patient and GP focused and delivers high quality care along with a wide variety of services tailored to patient needs at each of their surgeries.
Statement of Job Purpose:
The post holder will be required to work in our clients practice, providing a full range of primary care services. You will be encouraged to support and participate in the development and innovation in clinical areas, whilst providing leadership and a high standard of evidence based care.
The post holder is to work alongside the Practice team delivering and developing care within primary care relevant to the needs of the population, and in accordance with local and national and organisational priorities.
Key areas and responsibilities
1. To provide the full range of Medical Services based on patient needs where appropriate, including Maternity Services, Contraceptive Services, Child Health Surveillance Services, Chronic Disease Management, and Minor Surgery, in accordance with practice opening times.
2. To participate in providing a range of services in line with local and national enhanced services including minor surgery, choose and book, practice based commissioning, according to Practice and patient needs.
3. To provide on call services as necessary in conjunction with other colleagues during the surgery opening hours
4. To provide developmental support in improving systems and organisation of care where appropriate and agreed with the practice
5. To participate in clinical audit and take responsibility for specific QOF clinical areas as agreed with the Lead GP and/or Group Medical Director.
1. Be able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation: to a variety of health professionals, users and carers, independent and voluntary sector to provide the best outcomes for users of the services.
2. Provide interface between Hospital and primary, community and social settings, participate where appropriate in clinical meetings relating to patient care and outcomes
3. Be able to keep accurate contemporaneous documentation, both written and computerised, including Lloyd George records and inpatient records.
4. To complete Insurance, DSS and other reports relating to patients primarily under your care
1. Participate in the teaching of other professionals, GP Registrars and undergraduate students attached to the practices both formally and informally, users and carers in relation to their health and well being.
2. Be responsible for maintaining professional development and participating in further education as required for this role and in accordance with a personal education plan.
3. To participate in NHS GP appraisal.
1. Critically evaluate and interpret evidence based research findings from diverse sources making informed judgments about their implications for changing and/or developing clinical practice
2. Continually evaluate and audit the quality and effectiveness of the practice of self and others, selecting and applying a wide range of valid and reliable approaches and methods that are appropriate to needs and context
3. Identify gaps in evidence and/or practice knowledge and participate in their resolution through primary research
1. Work collaboratively and in partnership with other practitioners to offer appropriate advice to all professions on care practices, delivery and service development
2. Be a mentor for other professions, where appropriate
1. To participate and operate within the clinical governance framework for the organisation at all times, incorporating service users and carers, audit, guidelines and risk management
2. To actively participate in the practice, becoming familiar with and abiding by its plans, policies and procedures.
3. To comply with health and safety policies within the organisation, to report any accidents or untoward incidents occurring whilst on duty in accordance with Company policy
Full-time general practitioners will normally be contracted to work for 40 hours per working week (“contracted hours”) such hours being divided into shifts. Working hours may vary and as such, will include early morning, late evening and Saturday surgeries.
A part-time practitioner shall be remunerated on a pro rata basis to a full-time practitioner’s salary.
The practitioner is required to attend and participate in regular Practice meetings including those relating to clinical governance issues. If these meetings are held outside normal working hours, reasonable notice will be given and will be paid on a pro rata basis to a full-time practitioner’s salary adjusted by time off in lieu for such attendance if agreed in advance by the business.
The practitioner is also required to participate in and operate clinical governance methods and systems approved by the client, eg medical audit or quality assurance initiatives.
This is an urgent post so please submit your CV in the first instance to email@example.com or alternatively call Martine on 0161 212 7313 for an informal chat about this or any other exciting nursing vacancies ( JS3 operate a referral scheme for full details please refer to our website www.js3recruitment.com )