Theatre Manager - Surrey
Outstanding opportunity for a forward-thinking, innovative and motivated individual to join the UK’s leading private healthcare organisation.
This challenging, exciting role will encompass management of the Theatre Suite of a well-established 53 bedded hospital, which has invested in advanced medical technology and has 3 fully equipped theatres with ultra clean air technology and a dedicated endoscopy unit for all diagnostic endoscopy procedures.
The hospital provides high quality healthcare services to patients throughout Surrey, covering a range of treatments and services specialities, including full diagnostic and endoscopy procedures, orthopaedic surgery including spinal treatment and pain management, general surgery including spinal vein removal and hernia surgery, ophthalmology including eye laser surgery, gynaecology, urology and ear, nose and throat treatments.
As Theatre Manager, the post holder will lead the Operating Theatre/Endoscopy/TSSU services for the hospital and will assume responsibility for all aspects of the day to day management of this busy fast paced theatre environment.
Operational Responsibilities include:
· Ensure good working knowledge of the A.F.P.P. standards and practice and ensure the team works to those
· Ensure all national Endoscopy standards are in place
· Ensure all national decontamination standards are in place.
· Ensure all Clinical Governance issues are addressed, e.g through incident reporting, National joint registry, and new services and staff introduced safely.
· Ensure all equipment /environment maintained to meet the Health and Safety requirements.
· Achieve K.P.I.’s and financial budget
· Meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission within the Theatre/Endoscopy/TSSU Departments
· Works closely with the Senior Management Team to develop Consultant relationships and increase theatre activity.
§ Departmental performance against budget
§ Audit results cool amber or above with robust action plans in place
§ All incidents/complaints responded to within required time frame
§ High patient satisfaction
§ Takes action on results from Consultant Satisfaction Surveys and a continuous improvement is evidenced.
§ Participates in clinical effectiveness committee reviews and completes actions where necessary.
§ Meets audit requirements for Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations by ensuring all staff receive relevant training.
§ All staff undertake annual appraisal
§ Theatre User Group/Endoscopy/TSSU meetings are held regularly and active development of practice is evidenced.
§ Actions evidenced on results from Environmental audits.
§ Staff satisfaction has evidenced improvement.
Applicants should be NMC registered, qualified RGN’s/ODP’s with an excellent, established background in Theatre and proven leadership/managerial and motivational skills.
The following are essential requirements for this role:
- ODP level 3 / RN (1)
- Immediate Life Support
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers
A recognised management qualification ie. Diploma in Management and previous private sector experience are highly desirable for this role. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years previous leadership experience within a theatre department. Furthermore, candidates must be excellent communicators with first-class organisational skills and a good understanding of NMC codes and guidelines and their implication for practice.
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including excellent salary circa of £40k - £45k per annum and a competitive benefits package.
For further details and to discuss your specific employment requirements in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064.
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY.