This job is no longer available
Outstanding opportunity for forward-thinking, innovative and motivated individual to join the UK’s leading private healthcare organisation.
JP Recruit is currently seeking a Theatre Manager for a well-established and highly reputable 57-bed private hospital with three theatres, an endoscopy suite and HDU Ward located in Lancashire. Specialties covered within the hospital include orthopaedics, general medicine, urology, gynaecology, plastics/cosmetics, bariatrics and paediatrics. The role is to undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department and the successful candidate will report to the Director of Nursing. The ideal candidate will also be working towards providing quality planned care within a budget and providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
• Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
• Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
• Undertake departmental HR activities
• Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
• Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme
• Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups.
• Delegate appropriate activities to other staff.
• Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators.
It is essential that applicants are able to demonstrate the following:
• NMC or HPC registered practitioner
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department
• Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
• Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
• A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
• Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission
• Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent
Applicants should have an established background in Theatre and proven leadership/managerial and motivational skills, although management experience is desirable but not essential.
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including excellent salary circa of £30k - £40k per annum and a competitive benefits package.
For further details and to discuss your specific employment requirements in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY.