Scrub Nurse - General
Position - Scrub Nurse - general
Location - Bath
Salary - Dependant upon experience
To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Assist the Anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the immediate post operative phase of care, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Admininister drugs and fluids to the appropriate policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
For further information please contact Holly Brace at Pulse Jobs on 0161 2454453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org