Theatre Manager - West Yorkshire
Outstanding opportunity for a forward-thinking, innovative and motivated individual to join the UK’s leading private healthcare organisation.
This challenging, exciting role will encompass management of the Theatre Suite of a well-established 57 bedded hospital, which has invested in advanced medical technology and has 4 fully equipped theatres with ultra clean air technology and a dedicated endoscopy suite for all diagnostic endoscopy procedures.
The hospital provides high quality healthcare services from day care to major surgery and general medical care to patients throughout West Yorkshire, covering a range of treatments and services specialities, including full diagnostic and endoscopy procedures, orthopaedic surgery, hip & knee replacements, knee cartilage surgery, knee arthroscopies, knee ligament surgery, cataract surgery, cosmetic surgery& shoulder muscle repair.
As Theatre Manager, the post holder will lead the Operating Theatre/Endoscopy/TSSU services for the hospital and will assume responsibility for all aspects of the day to day management of this busy fast paced theatre environment.
Reporting to the Hospital Matron, the Theatre Manager will:-
- Provide leadership for Theatre, TSSU and Endoscopy staff
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders e.g. Consultants, Care Quality Commission and Local Trust
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of the nursing, ODPs and HCA
services and deliver effective action plans for continuous improvement
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved by Theatre
- Provide effective deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity levels
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of clinical records
- Lead clinically based projects in the development of the hospital services and specialities
- Lead the Unit in complying with all statutory and quality standards
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A strong clinical background in acute hospital settings
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A strong track record and evidence of delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, and
the broader health care community
- A strong track record in leading and developing a successful, efficient team and being part of
- Experience and confidence in effectively managing finances and budgets
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of ongoing professional development
Applicants should be NMC registered, qualified RGN’s/ODP’s with an excellent, established background in Theatre and proven leadership/managerial and motivational skills.
The following are essential requirements for this role:
- ODP level 3 / RN (1)
- Immediate Life Support
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers
A recognised management qualification ie. Diploma in Management and previous private sector experience are highly desirable for this role. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years previous leadership experience within a theatre department. Furthermore, candidates must be excellent communicators with first-class organisational skills and a good understanding of NMC codes and guidelines and their implication for practice.
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including excellent salary circa of £40k - £45k per annum and a competitive benefits package.
For further details and to discuss your specific employment requirements in more detail, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on tel. 07825 000064.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICANTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY.