This job is no longer available
Infection Control Sister
The Shelburne Hospital, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
BMI Healthcare's Shelburne Hospital, South Buckinghamshire have a vacancy for a full time Infection Control Sister to contribute to the prevention, surveillance and investigation of infections for South Buckinghamshire Hospitals.
The Shelburne Hospital is part of the BMI South Buckinghamshire Hospitals and managed corporately by BMI Healthcare. Being physically linked to the Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS building there has developed a close working relationship with the Trust.
· Responsibility for setting up and maintaining department infection prevention coordinators group for South Bucks
· Carry out annual Corporate Audits for relevant departments across the three sites
· Chair the Hospital Infection Control Committee
· Sit on the Clinical Governance Committee
· Deliver Mandatory training and awareness campaigns
· Provide support to and advice to patients, staff and clinicians
· Localise Corporate Policies if appropriate to do so
· Provide monthly electronic surveillance reports
· Input all infection data onto Sentinel
· Level 1 or Level 2 Registered Nurse
· Infection Control Degree or Diploma
· MSPP or equivalent desirable
Skills / Knowledge
· Keyboard skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent communication skills – verbal + written
· Knowledge of NMC codes of practice, NICE guidelines, Care Quality Commission Standards, Corporate and Hospital Policies and Procedures
· Presentation skills
· Acute medical or surgical nursing background
· Standard setting and auditing
· Teaching and assessing competencies
Working at BMI
It’s a great place to work, because of our commitment to quality, development of staff and above all because of the incredible diversity of the professionals who work within our teams. From hospital porters to theatre practioners to directors, everyone here is part of delivering something exceptional – and we’re proud to work together.
Our strategy is to be ‘a magnet for the best’ professionals – we know that having the right team and keeping them highly motivated is essential to delivering our very high standards of patient care, and to the growth and success of our business.