Director of Nursing - Private Hospital
Position – Director of Nursing
Location – Coventry
Salary - £45 - £55k plus benefits
Hours – 37.5hr per week
The hospital is a 52-bedded acute hospital, a consulting suite (15 rooms), 3 Operating Theatres. Other support services include Imaging, Physiotherapy.
The Hospital is based on an NHS site and works in partnership with the University Hospital Coventry and Warwick NHS Trust
- To provide effective leadership and management of the nursing and clinical services departments and to ensure sustained development in these services.
- To ensure optimum nursing standards and maximise return from resources employed.
- Act as a key change agent in nursing and clinical services.
- Achievement of agreed financial and performance targets.
- Provision of a unified approach to patient care and to lead the hospital quality and risk programme.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and improvement to the hospital as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Patient Ward
- Ambulatory (eg day chemotherapy)
- 3 Operating Theatres, Recovery, Minor Procedures Unit, Endoscopy and CSSD
- 15 Consulting Rooms
- Resident medical officers
- Associated administrative and support staff including Quality, Clinical Governance management
- Associated budgets and staffing profile
- Professional and clinical standards of care.
- Maintenance of quality standards to sustain and improve on current levels of accreditation and regulation.
- General and professional development of staff
- Participate in overall development of the Hospital and the achievement of the business plan and goals.
- Strong representational role for the hospital to network clinically, professionally and inter/intra the health care sectors
- Deputise for the Executive Director as required.
- Ensure effective day to day operations of the nursing service
- Development and achievement of the nursing plan and associated objectives for the short, medium and longer-term performance of the service to support the achievement of the hospital’s business plan.
- Implement the appropriate management structure to ensure a span of control on professional, performance and development control for the nursing service.
- Development and application of an effective recruitment and retention strategy.
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of standards provided, taking corrective actions when deficiencies arise.
- Provide support and advice to senior nurses on the management of their areas.
- Implement new ideas and systems and promote a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. Healthcare Commission, Health and Safety).
- Ensure ongoing compliance with organizational audit requirements.
- Ensure best practice is attained as outlined by corporate benchmarking groups.
- Prepare departmental budgets and achieve the required financial and performance objectives.
- Establish relationships with Consultant users for clinical, service and commercial development.
- Participate in the marketing of the hospital.
- Set high personal and professional standards in line with code of conduct.
- Participate in on-call hospital rota.
- Foster and develop relationships with NHS partners to ensure higher clinical standards are achieved
- Member of Senior Management Team, (Chair) Clinical Governance Committee and Medical Advisory Committee.
Ward and Outpatient Manager
Resident Medical Officers
Infection Control Co-ordinator
For more information please contact Holly Brace at Pulse on 0161 2454453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org