This job is no longer available
Our Client is looking to recruit a part time IV Specialist Nurse to join a rapidly expanding national team of Adult Lysosomal Storage Disorder Nurses.
The role involves working with Adults with Lysosomal Storage Disorders and infusing the enzyme replacement therapy through a cannular. There will be patients infused at various times of the day, so flexibility is vital for this role. The territory covered for this role is the whole of Essex region working 3 days per week.
The responsibilities include:
- All patient care and administration of enzyme replacement therapy is provided to first class clinical and ethical standards and demonstrates best practice.
- To provide a comprehensive training programme for patients/carers in the home environment to allow self-cannulation and infusion.
- To provide support and advice to clients.
- Develop strong working relationships with each of the referral centres.
- To manage the interface between hospital services and other agencies in order to meet client needs
- assist in the recording/reporting of adverse events/incidents; including side-effects of therapy.
Applicants must have proven clinical skills and ideally experience working within a commercial setting. Candidates must be experienced RGN’s, ideally with up-to-date cannulation/venepuncture and infusion skills.
Furthermore, excellent communication and customer care skills, a confident, outgoing manner and a highly flexible approach to the working week are essential attributes required for this role.
Candidates must have NMC Registration with a strong clinical background in A&E or Critical Care with a proven ability to develop good working relationship. Excellent time management and disciplined administration skills are essential.
An excellent package awaits successful applicants, including...
- Competitive salary (up to £28k pro rata) negotiable, depending on experience
- Car allowance (£5,000 p.a.)
- Private pension
- 25 days’ annual leave plus stats
- Paid NMC PIN
For further details, please contact Zoe at JP Recruit on 07825 000064.
Alternatively, to apply on-line, please click on the link provided.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY UK RESIDENTS WITH CURRENT ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK NEED APPLY