This job is no longer available
Theatre Practitioner - Scrub Lead
The Beaumont Hospital, Chorley New Road, Bolton
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI The Beaumont Hospital has two vacancies for Theatre Nurse Practitioners. The hospital has 20 rooms all offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has three operating suites, including one specifically designed for orthopaedic surgery.
· To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team
· Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
· Assist in the delivery of patient care
· Contribute to quality improvement
· Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
· Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
· Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
· Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
· Participate in HR activities
· Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
· Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
· Must have major and minor orthopaedic experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to support and lead a team
· Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
· Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
· External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
· ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
· Management qualification
Closing date 27/03/2012