This job is no longer available
The post holder will assess and manage patients meeting the following criteria:
* Patients with clinically defined heart failure confirmed by echocardiography (ECG).
* Patients with newly diagnosed heart failure both in hospital and community.
* Patients with heart failure whose symptoms are difficult to control.
* Patients with recent and/or multiple hospital admissions with heart failure.
* Patients with New York Heart Association (NYHA) class 1-IV
These patients will be followed up in the Heart failure clinic following prescription of the appropriate medical therapy, in order that initiation and titration of drug dosage can be carried out in accordance with written protocol.
The post holder will provide individualised and holistic medical management for heart failure patients in accordance with the Heart Failure Nursing Operational Guidelines, in order to improve the quality of care and quality of life for those patients most at risk of deterioration which may result in hospital admission.
* To assess all patients referred into the service using the risk stratification guidelines and develop individual self management plans, which will include details of consultation, exercise, and other lifestyle issues.
* To see new patients referred to the service, whether in GP practices or Heart Failure Clinics, to identify cardiovascular risk factors and discuss how these can be modified.
* Undertake comprehensive assessments of patients with Heart Failure accurately, identifying other professional input required including making requests for care packages where social care needs are imminent.
* To provide community expertise in Heart Failure/ Cardiac Heart Disease, offering advice and support to all primary and community care staff for the delivery both in practice health facilities and in the patients' homes.
* To supervise the clinical management of Cardiac conditions, including the titration of medication and the request and organisation of appropriate investigations
A full spec can be provided on request
We hope to attract a candidate with the following
* First Degree
* Extended Prescriber/Nurse Prescriber or commitment to undertake course within 12 months of commencement of post.
* LEO Programme/Leadership Development
* Post registration nursing qualification in Cardiology.
* Teaching and assessing course.
* Relevant experience
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.